August 28, 2007

Back To School


Back to School... It's time to leave the summer fun behind and hit the books. School began on Monday and the adjustments to the U will be interesting. Most notable is the size. Where I had became comfortable dashing a hundred yards between classes at Tall Corn College and Technical Institute, distances are now measured in blocks. Class sizes that were in the low thirties are now measured in hundreds. Today there were few students on campus as I made my way from parking to my first class at 8:30. By 9:30 the place had come alive and from the air it must look like thousands of ants scurrying helter skelter from one hole to another. From a park bench along the banks of the Iowa River you can see the towers at the University Hospital (pictured), I doubt that they are ivory but the Gothic architecture certainly leaves that impression.

No comments: