March 13, 2009

My Friends Were Right.

This recently landed in the in box.

I have to admit it. My friends were right.

They told me if I voted for McCain, the nation's Hope would deteriorate. Sure enough there has been a 20 point drop in the Consumer Confidence Index since the election. Reaching a lower point than any time during the Bush administration.

They told me if I voted for McCain, the US would become more deeply embroiled in the Middle East. Sure enough tens of thousands of additional troops are scheduled to be deployed to Afghanistan.

They told me if I voted for McCain the economy would get worse. Sure enough unemployment is approaching 10% and the new stimulus packages implemented recently have sent the stock market lower than at any time since before 9-11.

They told me if I voted for McCain, we would see more "crooks" in high ranking positions in Federal government. Sure enough several recent cabinet appointments revealed resumes of bribery and tax fraud.

Well I ignored my Democrat friends in November and voted for McCain. My friends were right, all of their predictions have come true.

No comments: