September 06, 2006

A Letter from the Nussle Campaign


Several weeks ago I submitted the suggestion to Iowa gubernatorial candidate Jim Nussle?s 99 Ideas Program that it is time for Iowa to join the 35 other states that have shall issue concealed carry weapons laws. Considering the suggestion I was not surprised that it did not make the list. What was surpising was the fact that I received an e-mail from Jim explaining his position.

Scott,
Thank you for contacting me to share your views. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome this opportunity to respond.
As a hunter and fisherman, the Second Amendment is very important to me. I believe the Founding Fathers meant what they said when they wrote, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
That is why I have always supported, and will continue to support as Governor, the right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms. I also support the right to conceal and carry. As Governor, I will work toward a predictable and reliable permit process. I have consistently voted in support of gun owners? rights, and I am proud to have received an "A" rating from the National Rifle Association.
Thanks again for contacting me. To learn more about my vision to Energize Iowa?s Future, please visit my website at http://www.jimnussle.com/. My best advice comes from Iowans willing to share their ideas. Please keep in touch.
Sincerely,
Jim Nussle

No comments: